× Members

PIP ZOOM ZOOM!

More
7 years 10 months ago #162227 by pippers
PIP ZOOM ZOOM! was created by pippers
Hi all,

Wow! I thought I would let you know how speedy and efficient Atos are.

I sent off my Pip claim form on Wed 22nd June they received it on Thurs 23rd which was signed for @ 5.20am, Someone starts work early :lol:.

Today Thursday 30th June ( 4 working days later) I receive a letter to go for a F2F.

My appointment was booked for 9.15am in PORTSMOUTH 30 miles away, that would take me an hour or more to get there. I live in SOUTHAMPTON where we have two PIP assessment centres both are roughly 4 miles away from where I live :huh:

I phoned the Atos appointment centre straight away and asked why they would send me to a centre that far away when there are 2 centres in my area. his reply "Ah, our computer books the appointments, there is an appointment for your area tomorrow morning if that's any better, you are aware you cannot change this appointment again" I actually didn't accept that one as way too soon, now I have got it in my area on the 14th July.

Now my ESA re-assessment is the complete opposite:

I sent my form back to Maximus 14th March, still awaiting a response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162232 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP ZOOM ZOOM!
pippers

Thanks for the update, some PIP areas are very fast at arranging an appointment.

Good luck for the 14th

Maximus on the other hand are still trying to catch up from the queues that ATOS left last year.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #162270 by Tcake
Replied by Tcake on topic PIP ZOOM ZOOM!
I am in a similar situation to you - a fast PIP response so far and a slow ESA!

I sent back my PIP forms on 16th May and they were received on 17th May. Less than two weeks later I was given an appointment for a F2F with ATOS at my local assessment centre on 23rd June (the day we voted BREXIT!). On 24th June I received a text from the DWP saying they had all the information required to make a decision and would be in touch soon. So now I am just waiting for their decision.

With regards to my ESA - I posted off my form on the 7th March and they received it on the 8th March. Since then I have heard nothing!

More
7 years 10 months ago #162379 by Tcake
Replied by Tcake on topic PIP ZOOM ZOOM!
Update! I just received a letter from the DWP this morning saying I have been awarded ESA (support group again) and don't need to have a medical! Really pleased so just waiting for my PIP results!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Prudent

More
7 years 10 months ago #162449 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP ZOOM ZOOM!

Tcake wrote: Update! I just received a letter from the DWP this morning saying I have been awarded ESA (support group again) and don't need to have a medical! Really pleased so just waiting for my PIP results!

That's terrific news, well done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Tcake

More
7 years 10 months ago #162520 by pippers
Replied by pippers on topic PIP ZOOM ZOOM!
Hi,

Before going to a PIP assessment can we phone and ask for the name and profession of the person who will be doing our assessments.

The reason I ask is my last assessment which was for ESA in 2012 was with a DR who tried to say I had Biopsychosocial disease process, when I googled her name I found she was a mental health DR, my medical conditions are physical disabilities.
Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.