× Members

PIP decision advice please

More
7 years 9 months ago #162263 by Brawn
PIP decision advice please was created by Brawn
I got my PIP results I and I'm very pleased....almost! I got enhanced care and standard mobility 10 points. I had a f2f last month for PIP and I would say it was obvious I struggle to walk any distance. I had a f2f medical in April for ESA in which the report acknowledged this and said I could walk 20m but stopped at about 10 metres through pain and fatigue and I was put in the support group. My question is do I fight for the extra points for mobility or leave alone. Although I got enhanced for care there are discrepancies with points scored for this. Do I ask for changes. I am concerned when it is looked at again in June 2019 the date given, that not trying to get these changes will affect future applications, but I'm also concerned if I ask for it to be looked at again it will cause me problems. Btw the PIP DM had a copy of my ESA medical report to refer to. Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162282 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP decision advice please
Hi LPB,

I'm sorry that your PIP award wasn't quite what it should have been.

Obviously it is up to you whether you want to take this further. You might want to consider how safe your current award looks (ie, do you have any care points spare) and what evidence you can use to support an enhanced mobility award.

Although you could ask DWP to look only at the mobility side of things, it is likely that they would look at both elements of PIP.

I'm surprised that the assessor had a copy of your ESA paperwork, it is unusual for the assessor to have any knowledge of your award history. For that reason, we say not to worry if the assessor's report is not totally accurate as long as the point level is as it should be. However, I understand that this might not be such good advice if the assessor is going to look back through previous awards.

In the long run, you have to be happy with whatever you do. However, you should be aware that trying to clarify things with DWP runs the risk of them treating it as a MR request, even if you just wanted to set the record straight.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162321 by Brawn
Replied by Brawn on topic PIP decision advice please
Thank you for your advice. I have a copy of my report for ESA and in it it states that I was observed to walk 30 m but had to stop to rest at 10m and that I couldn't do this reliably or repeatedly - this was done in April. My PIP award says they agree I can walk 20m but no more than 50m hence the 10points. My PIP f2f was in May. This is why I query do I ask them to look at Motability again. Although I got enhanced rate for care the point level isn't correct. It's says I need assistance for cooking when they know full well I can't handle saucepans and knives at all...I can't even eat with a knife and fork! I believe there are other point discrepancies too but I'm worried I'm damned if I ask them to change it or I could be damned if I don't.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.