× Members

Pip assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #162491 by adrian
Pip assessment was created by adrian
Hi
just wondered for some general advice regarding my pip assessment on Friday. Had my result for esa today placed in support group no health assessment required would that letter if I get it in time be of any use as regards to further evidence for pip?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162519 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment
Hi Adrian and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Congratulations on your ESA award!

The criteria for ESA and PIP are very different. However, if your ESA award clearly shows that you have problems with the PIP descriptors it might be helpful.

You should treat your face2face assessment as if it starts when you leave your home. The assessor will, probably, ask how you traveled to the venue and draw conclusions from that. You might well be watched when you arrive at the venue and as you leave, as well as when you are actually inside.

What to expect from the assessment itself is explained in our PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments about your PIP claim without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162534 by adrian
Replied by adrian on topic Pip assessment
Thanks for your response I should have been more clear in saying I'm having a home visit and can I provide more evidence at this assessment?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162542 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment
Yes, you can provide extra evidence on the day, the assessor is supposed to read it before they start.

As you are having a home assessment you might find this helpful

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=110056

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162788 by adrian
Replied by adrian on topic Pip assessment
Hi just a quick question for tomorrows pip assessment. Can I freely refer to my copied pip form as I'm concerned about forgetting things and saying things that may go against me.

Thanks

More
7 years 9 months ago #162794 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment

adrian wrote: Hi just a quick question for tomorrows pip assessment. Can I freely refer to my copied pip form as I'm concerned about forgetting things and saying things that may go against me.

Thanks

You can but you should explain why you need to do so.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.