× Members

Newbie pip claimant- please be kind :-)

More
7 years 9 months ago #162557 by mell
Hi,

I have just subscribed to this site after reading lots of good things about you all :-)...

I have had my PIP assessment today, carried out by Capita. I suffer with sever OCD, and I'm not sure how much she understood but I didn't get asked to do any of the memory tests or any other tests for that matter. Is this usual? As I have read that many people get asked to do the tests, and thought it odd I haven't been asked.

She was with me for over an hour, she let me talk, and I didn't feel rushed.

Feeling nervous about the outcome now.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162575 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Newbie pip claimant- please be kind :-)
Hi Mell and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry you are finding the whole process so upsetting. We have given up trying to guess the outcome of a claim from the way the face2face was conducted! PIP decisions are currently taking around 8 weeks after the assessment, so I'm afraid you will have an anxious wait :(

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it later. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mell

More
7 years 9 months ago #162607 by mell
Replied by mell on topic Newbie pip claimant- please be kind :-)
Thank you for your reply :-)

I know, at least I don't feel so alone now!

It is a hard process, and constantly feeling judged is hard, especially when it comes to something like mental health.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #162673 by mell
I wonder if someone could help. As I think most do, I have been going over and over the assessment in my head.

Lots of my .OCD is based around good and bad numbers, I have to read things 4 times to feel 'safe' (I'm sure I sound crazy but hay that's OCD). This relates to everything, how would this fit into a descriptor does anyone know?

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162685 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Newbie pip claimant- please be kind :-)
Hi Mell,

If you have to do everything multiple times, does it take you much longer to get things done than normal?

Does someone have to prompt you to stop repeating, otherwise you would be there all day?

Are there things that you can only do at all on a 'good' day and, therefore, 'reliability' might be an issue?

These are just suggestions off the top of my head, it might be that members can come up with more ideas.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mell

More
7 years 8 months ago #165252 by mell
:( Hi All - so, I had my decision, it was a flat no, literally no points at all, I am angry at the reasons as it almost seems as if the assessment is of someone else!! what next? mandatory reconsideration I assume?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.