× Members

esa assesment reports

More
7 years 9 months ago #162838 by ketut
esa assesment reports was created by ketut
Is it correct that atos etc are using previous esa reports to help decide points/scores etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162845 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa assesment reports

ketut wrote: Is it correct that atos etc are using previous esa reports to help decide points/scores etc.

You don't say what benefit you are referring to?

ATOS only perform PIP assessments so I think it very unlikely that they will have access to any ESA reports, however, the Decision Maker may but we have only seen an ESA report used to support an award, not to deny one.

If you are talking about an ESA claim, then it is possible that Maximus will have access to a previous report, but even if they do then they rarely refer to it, basing their reports primarily on the assessment itself.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162848 by ketut
Replied by ketut on topic esa assesment reports
thanks for the reply, i shoud have said for pip claim, the reason i ask is i am currently on higher mobility and middle care dla indefinaly and had to claim pip as they said dla was coming to an end, duly sent the form off on the wedensday then the following thursday got a phone call from atos nurse just asked one question about a illness that was listed on my form to which i replied then she said thats fine you will hear in about 4 weeks, bit strange i thought so is this normal or not to get a phone call,
the reason i asked about the esa report was i had one three years ago and was placed in the support group.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162850 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa assesment reports

ketut wrote: thanks for the reply, i shoud have said for pip claim, the reason i ask is i am currently on higher mobility and middle care dla indefinaly and had to claim pip as they said dla was coming to an end, duly sent the form off on the wedensday then the following thursday got a phone call from atos nurse just asked one question about a illness that was listed on my form to which i replied then she said thats fine you will hear in about 4 weeks, bit strange i thought so is this normal or not to get a phone call,
the reason i asked about the esa report was i had one three years ago and was placed in the support group.

Unlike ESA, PIP allows an assessment to be done over the phone, whether this has happened or not you will need to wait and see. The next update, probably 2-3 weeks, will either be an appointment for a face to face or a message from the DWP that they have all of the information they need to make a Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163766 by ketut
Replied by ketut on topic esa assesment reports
Got a letter from dwp today saying weve now got the imformation and reports we need etc, then says we are sorry its taking longer than expected etc, is this a standard letter the computer sends out i wonder.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163778 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa assesment reports

ketut wrote: Got a letter from dwp today saying weve now got the imformation and reports we need etc, then says we are sorry its taking longer than expected etc, is this a standard letter the computer sends out i wonder.

Yes, this is a standard letter and bears no relation to the eventual decision.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.