× Members

pip mobility award

More
7 years 10 months ago #162053 by alan
pip mobility award was created by alan
I had a face to face with atos 3 weeks ago then got a text the following day from dwp saying they now had all the info to make a decision , now 3 weeks later I get a letter saying they have now got information and reports we need about how your condition effects you for your claim , we're sorry it's taken longer than expected to give you a decision on your claim but we will contact you as soon as we have made a decision .

Is this normal or has anyone else had this type of response

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162069 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip mobility award

a.c wrote: I had a face to face with atos 3 weeks ago then got a text the following day from dwp saying they now had all the info to make a decision , now 3 weeks later I get a letter saying they have now got information and reports we need about how your condition effects you for your claim , we're sorry it's taken longer than expected to give you a decision on your claim but we will contact you as soon as we have made a decision .

Is this normal or has anyone else had this type of response

I'm afraid that PIP Decisions are taking at least 8 weeks in most areas.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #162090 by alan
Replied by alan on topic pip mobility award
thanks Gordon
I was just asking if its normal for them to send out a letter saying they are taking longer than expected .

More
7 years 10 months ago #162096 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip mobility award

a.c wrote: thanks Gordon
I was just asking if its normal for them to send out a letter saying they are taking longer than expected .

Yes, quite a lot of people are getting these letters (and texts)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: alan

More
7 years 10 months ago #162098 by Tcake
Replied by Tcake on topic pip mobility award
I had my face to face a week ago and the next day I received the same text message as you -saying that they now have all the info to make a decision. The ATOS assessor told me results were taking up to 6 weeks. Seems silly that they sent you that letter! I bet when it arrived you thought it would be your results! Good luck anyway!
The following user(s) said Thank You: alan

More
7 years 10 months ago #162866 by alan
Replied by alan on topic pip mobility award
I have just received the brown envelope after having a face to face with atos they have only awarded me 10 points instead of the 12 I should be awarded . the assessor said I can stand and walk more than 20mtrs but not more than 50 mtrs so my motability car must go back . I suffer from COPD and have a damaged ankle and cannot weight bare so I have to use crutches
on the day of assessment I had to walk from reception to the assessment room and had to stop 3 times to get my breathing under control but the assessor failed to report this and stated I showed little signs of breath shortage and could walk more than 20 mtrs on the report . I have phoned DWP and said I want a mandatory reconsideration and she told me she would get the decision maker to phone me , I have also sent a letter today stating why and that the assessor didn't even do a peak flow test on my lung capacity like they did 2 years ago on my previous atos assessment and awarded me 12 points. Is there anything else I should do .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris