× Members

won ESA appeal

More
7 years 9 months ago #162976 by Invisible guy
won ESA appeal was created by Invisible guy
I was awarded 0 points from ATOS and challenged the decision and won. I have been put into the work-related activity group.

Here's what I did:

Of course, I registered in this forum and asked questions about stuff I did not understand.

I also became a member of Oddfellows. They offer welfare advice too, and in my experience, it has been 10 times better than the ''advice'' I got by ringing the national phone number, which was complete rubbish and they also make you feel like they are saving your life.
Oddfellows is a not-for profit organization that has been active for centuries. It has a very interesting story. I am not trying to sell anything, just stating facts borne from my own experience.

At the appeal, I just said the truth and been open about my problems. In fact, at the appeal I made the mistake of UNDERSTATING some of my problems. (self-sabotage).

I also produced some last minute evidence that I wasn't even sure it would be accepted at the last minute (it was, so it was worth trying).

The biggest mistakes have been trying to appear tough and understating my problems. Even so, I am happy I have been put into the work related activity, it is certainly better than nothing.

Good luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163027 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic won ESA appeal
SCHOPENHAUER

Well done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Invisible guy

More
7 years 9 months ago #163035 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic won ESA appeal
Well done Schopenhauer, I understand how difficult and stressful the whole process is.

Having good insight/understanding of your own problems is often used against you by the DWP, but from my experience at least, tribunals usually find it helpful and may even place extra reliance on your oral evidence.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163074 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic won ESA appeal
I'm very glad that you won your appeal! Thanks for letting us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163114 by Invisible guy
Replied by Invisible guy on topic won ESA appeal
Thanks to Gordon and the other moderators in this forum.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163161 by Invisible guy
Replied by Invisible guy on topic won ESA appeal
Derek4,

thanks, I agree with what you wrote. Today I went to the WRAG interview. My god, the ATOS interview and the court hearing were a fun ride in comparison. At the WRAG interview today, it was an instant horror story. Everything went wrong big time. I only found ignorant people who could not care less about anything related to my problems.

I was given ANOTHER interview in 2 weeks, and I was told that I 'must have a plan by then'.

Obviously, I need to prepare a complaint.

Here I was, thinking I was getting a rest, and instead the battle with ignorant people starts again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.