× Members

Changing medical appointment for 2nd time

More
7 years 9 months ago #163113 by Yorkiegal73
Changing medical appointment for 2nd time was created by Yorkiegal73
I just wanted to reassure people that this can be done, regardless of the ATOS letter stating that we can only change it once. My first appointment was 40 miles away, impossible for me. My second was local but too early in the morning when I would still be dopey from meds, but ATOS said that's all they had for the next fortnight and that appointments past that time weren't loaded onto their screen yet.
The stress of this process led to a hospital visit for me and I sent a snotty email to the minister for dwp complaining about the computer generated appointments. Amazingly I received a call back the next day, a better time was arranged and a promise that the benefit decision will be fast tracked.
I think they are worried about the bad press about suicides. So I have my medical today. The nerves are kicking in but at least it will be out of the way. Good luck to everyone else going through this process and thank you for the invaluable guide to PIP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163141 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Changing medical appointment for 2nd time
It's good to hear that the procedures were relaxed because of your problems. Here's hoping you don't have to wait long for a favourable decision.

I must warn other members not to rely on your experience though, files are still being returned to DWP if 2 appointments have been issues but not kept.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163187 by Yorkiegal73
Replied by Yorkiegal73 on topic Changing medical appointment for 2nd time
Interestingly my friend in the waiting room was chatting to staff who said 4 out of 7 claimants hadn't turned up that morning, which perhaps goes to show how many people are giving up rather than face the medical. They're also not a happy bunch at my local ATOS centre, with staff having their annual leave repeatedly cancelled. What a shame.
I will double check with the dwp that my claim hasn't been accidentally cancelled just in case.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.