× Members

old evidence

More
7 years 11 months ago #163248 by Fizgog1
old evidence was created by Fizgog1
Hi,
I have only recently re-joined the benefits and work site (and what a great job you do). So.... for the dla to pip transfer, I can remember in the past that you said 'they' ask, 'do you want us to look at any old evidence?' and you advised at that time it was probably better to say no. Is that still the case? Indeed, I think you said in the majority of cases it was destroyed after a certain time anyway. At what point would you be asked this question, at the pip1 call?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #163277 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic old evidence

Fizgog1 wrote: Hi,
I have only recently re-joined the benefits and work site (and what a great job you do). So.... for the dla to pip transfer, I can remember in the past that you said 'they' ask, 'do you want us to look at any old evidence?' and you advised at that time it was probably better to say no. Is that still the case? Indeed, I think you said in the majority of cases it was destroyed after a certain time anyway. At what point would you be asked this question, at the pip1 call?

Cheers

We wouldn't say a blanket "no" to old evidence, each claimant needs to make a decision on how relevant the evidence is to their claim for PIP, for some with lifelong conditions it will still be a good fit, for others who were last assessed for DLA some time ago, their conditions will have changed and the DLA reports are no longer reflective of their current problems.

There is also an issue as to whether those assessing a claimant will actually look at the information, our advice is always to submit any evidence you want the assessor or DWP to consider with the claim form, that way it can be integrated into your answers on the PIP2 form.

Finally, there is an additional problem, that the old DLA may have been destroyed, this is more likely the older it is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mayflower

More
7 years 11 months ago #163353 by Fizgog1
Replied by Fizgog1 on topic old evidence
Thanks Gordon...well they ask this question at the pip1 stage though?

More
7 years 11 months ago #163370 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic old evidence

Fizgog1 wrote: Thanks Gordon...well they ask this question at the pip1 stage though?

Yes they should!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #164608 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic old evidence
Hi Bennie,

I have moved your query into your own PIP topic. Here -

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=110390#164610

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.