× Members

ESA form Cancer Treatment

More
7 years 9 months ago #163418 by BJ
ESA form Cancer Treatment was created by BJ
Hi- I will soon be undergoing liver cancer treatment called microwave ablation, and will be soon applying for ESA. On the application form there seems to be only two options: either chemotherapy or radiotherapy. Although the microwave ablation is performed by the radiotherapy dept, I am not sure if strictly speaking it falls under radiotherapy, as it uses heat and not radiation. My support nurse also says that being relatively new treatment it may not strictly speaking fall under radiotherapy. Concerned that this may affect my application. Would anyone be able to advise. I do also have cirrhosis, and this treatment may be a 'bridge' to possible transplant. I have today received a fit note from my GP. Many thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163435 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA form Cancer Treatment
BJ

From the quick search I did earlier I can't see why your microwave ablation would not be treated as radiotherapy, I can't see that you have anything to lose by applying on the basis of you receiving cancer treatment, even if they reject your application you can still make a backdated claim of up to 3 months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BJ

More
7 years 9 months ago #163451 by redgt9
Replied by redgt9 on topic ESA form Cancer Treatment
Hi BJ,
If you are being treated for a Cancer you should be able to call on MacMillan on 0808 808 00 00, they are great and they will tell you everything your entitled to claim. I hope this helps you and I hope I have not miss read this. All the best.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163464 by BJ
Replied by BJ on topic ESA form Cancer Treatment
Thank you Gordon-much appreciated. Could you explain how the backdated claim works?
Many thanks

More
7 years 9 months ago #163483 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA form Cancer Treatment

BJ wrote: Thank you Gordon-much appreciated. Could you explain how the backdated claim works?
Many thanks

You can make backdated claim for ESA by up to three months, the period needs to covered by a Fit Note, there's a question on the ESA1 that asks when you want your claim to start from.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.