× Members

Pip important info missed from assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #163434 by discusdude
Pip important info missed from assessment was created by discusdude
I had my f2f assessment 2 weeks ago and I got a copy of the report from the assor earlier this week. It looks hopeful I might get care but the mobility could be an issue. I have cerebral palsy and struggle to walk, they have mentioned this in the report but in relation to question 11 (planning a journey) they scored me 0. On my orginall paperwork I did say that I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks if I go out on public transport this is from two serious incidents when I was a child. I expected the assor to ask me about it and she never did and due to my stammer she only asked me closed questions at the f2f as I struggle to speak. Because of the incidents as a child there was only one option for me to be independent and this was to learn to drive.

My question is could /should I send more information to the DWP about this for them to consider before they make their decision?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163444 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip important info missed from assessment
discusdude

There's no harm in trying, but for an award based on the Going Out activity you will need to show that you suffer from "overwhelming psychological distress", also you should be aware that the legislation makes no reference to the use of Public Transport, we have seen Decision Makers fail to award points for this reason.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163448 by discusdude
Replied by discusdude on topic Pip important info missed from assessment
Thank you, I will give it a go. I think I can show overwhelming distress but I will wait and see. I don't expect them to change but at least I can say I tried

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.