× Members

Maximus Wanting me to Attend medical

More
7 years 9 months ago #163502 by Paul
Maximus have asked me to attend an interview regarding ESA. I cannot have a home visit owing to panic attacks where I can become unhinged. I am also unable to attend an interview owing to agoraphobia and panic issues. I have sent them a medical letter confirming this. They have said I still have to attend, but they will send taxis. I have explained that even with taxis, I can still panic, and maybe harm others or myself.

I have complained to Michelle Sutcliffe, Manger at Maximus in Leeds. She is reviewing the decision, but she is very cold, nasty, passively aggressive with me, and I get the strongest feeling this will go nowhere.

I have to admit, Maximus are 1000% worse than Atos.

I have complained to the DWP at the regional office, but they have simply passed it on to my local Jobcentre for a Job Coach to deal with. That is not her job to investigate complaints, and although she was very nice, this got nowhere.

I am feeling suicidal over this. I have told them this, but they simply tell me to inform my GP.

Maximus have also phoned my GP. I have spoken to my GP today, and he was extremely hostile towards me, after having spoken to Maximus. I complained over the phone to Maximus today, and all I got was passive aggression.

Is there anything else I can do? This matter is making me extremely ill, and nobody seems to care. Maximus have now turned my only source of support, my GP against me.

I would be indebted if you could help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163505 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Maximus Wanting me to Attend medical
P

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You can try contacting your MP

Contacting your MP

Your problem is that the decision on whether a face to face is required lies with Maximus and they will only do a paper based review if they are satisfied that they have sufficient information to do so.

If they have spoken to your GP and still not changed their minds then I think you will struggle to avoid the requirement.

Can anyone go with you to the assessment, they don't have to go into the room with you if don't want them to but they may be able to help you with deal with your agoraphobia while you travel in the Taxi?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul

More
7 years 9 months ago #163507 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Maximus Wanting me to Attend medical
Thanks for helping.

No, there is nobody to travel in the taxi with me.

I have told Maximus that to travel via taxi to the assessment centre, that I will have to overdose on anxiety medicines. They do not seem to care, or care that this could have an adverse affect upon my health.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.