× Members

Pension and DLA

More
7 years 9 months ago #163702 by confused.com
Pension and DLA was created by confused.com
Though I had a lifetime award for DLA , when I became eligible for my state pension, autumn 2015, aged 63, the DWP told me that I could not have both my pension AND DLA and the care section was discontinued though I kept my motability allowance.

Were they correct in telling me this ?

I have now been requested to have a home medical for my PIP, which is not a problem, and have become a a member of your website..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163719 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pension and DLA
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm afraid you have been wrongly informed :( This happens quite often as the DWP call handlers are poorly trained and seem to tell people what they think will happen rather than taking the time to find out for certain!

DLA/PIP will continue past State Pension age as long as the medical criteria continue to be met. Claimants who do not have a mobility award when they reach pensionable age cannot get one afterwards.

Good luck with your PIP face2face assessment. Please look at our PIP guides to tell you what to expect

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165874 by confused.com
Replied by confused.com on topic Pension and DLA
Hi, only just reading your response to my query about being eligible for DLA and my pension.

Collapsed, resusitated in a&e so just getting life back on track.Just out of hospital and on total bed rest when my < at home > medical assessment took place. Lady was an ex-paramedic and I was aware her rucksack was strategically placed facing me and either a camera or tape recorder in it's net pocket was being used.My husband also thought her computer was also angled so that it's camera could also have been recording the whole session.
Luckily I had read a lot of articles from your website about face to face medical assessments before having to be in hospital and hope this helped my approach to her questions but I really had intended to do more research !

Your reply suggests I should have been allowed to retain my full DLA, not just the motability section, once I began to receive my State Pension last year as the only change was that my health had deteriorated.
Can you please let me know how I can try and recover the portion of DLA I lost last Nov. 2015 ?
Thanks

More
7 years 8 months ago #165920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pension and DLA
confused.com

You mention an assessment, have you been transferred to PIP?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.