× Members

dla to pip crossover

More
7 years 9 months ago #163721 by rpm4590
dla to pip crossover was created by rpm4590
Hi im wondering if someone could advise me please regarding how it works
ive had a change of circumstances (Right leg bk amputation) so had to claim pip, i put my claim in on the 9th of april
previously i received lower rate care and high rate mobility indefinitely. After ive had my medical i have been awarded standard care and high rate mobility for 3years but i have been told this starts from the 10th of august and there is no backdated money for the increase in care also i have been told i cannot get sdp has im on contributions esa assessment phase and im still awaiting a medical date is this the case
with thanks martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163727 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla to pip crossover
rpm

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid the PIP legislation does not allow the backdating of payments where a claimant is being transferred from DLA, it's unfair and could have been covered in the Transitional Regulations but wasn't.

Even though it appears you are eligible to receive the Severe Disability Premium you must also be entitled to Income Related ESA for payment to be enabled.

ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and for completeness any hours that a partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you think that you meet these criteria then you should contact the DWP and ask for an ESA3 form which captures information for an ESA(IR) claim.

If you are entitled to ESA(IR) then you will receive it as a top-up to your current ESA(CB) payments, payment of the SD Premium and it will be backdated to when your PIP award was made.

One thing to be aware of, many DWP staff believe that Premiums are not payable while the claimant is receiving the Assessment rate, this is not the case so if you are still refused you should escalate the problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rpm4590

More
7 years 9 months ago #163742 by rpm4590
Replied by rpm4590 on topic dla to pip crossover
Hi Gordon thanks for the reply
im single and live alone and because im in receipt of industrial injuries
have been told ill only get my stamp paid when my contributions stop
unless awarded support group

More
7 years 9 months ago #163749 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla to pip crossover

rpm4590 wrote: Hi Gordon thanks for the reply
im single and live alone and because im in receipt of industrial injuries
have been told ill only get my stamp paid when my contributions stop
unless awarded support group

I'm afraid, if your IIDB payments are greater than any ESA(IR) that you might receive then this is correct.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rpm4590

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.