× Members

PIP Assesment - PC breakdown at the consultation

More
7 years 9 months ago #163724 by ShackyJake
Hi
About 10 minutes into my face to face consultation the Computer crashed and the interviewer left the room, on her return she re-started the computer and re-entered the data from memory, then about 40 minutes later she told me that the computer screen was scrolling uncontrollably and she didn't know what to do, although she just carried on with the interview.
As my award has been refused (even though I am on oxygen all the time) I have asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration, on the grounds that I consider any evidence from that consultation unsafe.
If my re-consideration is refused can the DWP force me to undergo another consultation or can I insist we go to appeal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163728 by Gordon
T

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Yes, if your MR is refused then you can carry on to appeal, however, it is important that you understand that an award can only be made by you showing that you meet the criteria for one, although it is important that you raise the issues from the assessment doing so will not lead to the Decision being overturned in itself, at best you will be send for a new assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie

More
7 years 9 months ago #163801 by ShackyJake
Replied by ShackyJake on topic PIP Assesment - PC breakdown at the consultation
Thanks Gordon,
I actually have a list of things that I am contesting such as :
1/ I am Oxygen all the time I was asked to remove it for the physical exam, and they have stated that I was not seen to be breathless, but I was sitting on a chair !
2/ I was asked how long I can walk for without stopping, not how far, how long, this did phase me a little and I was unprepared, the health professional suggested 5 minutes, and I am afraid I agreed with her but did stress I walk slowly so it is hard to be precise, that has been spun to me walking 200 metres unaided.
There are others which were just not taken into account
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.