× Members

Second assessment with no explanation

More
7 years 9 months ago #163758 by Phill
Sorry if this has been posted, a lot of pages here.

My partner was assessed a few weeks ago and now we have received another letter telling us to come in for an assessment. No explanation given and even our advisor at the Community Law Service said it was a clinical error.

However, when I called them they confirmed it was a second assessment. Nothing on the letter explains the need for this or even refers to the first one. I have pointed out that since we have had one assessment already, to call us in for another one with no explanation, as if the first assessment hadn't happened, is unacceptable.

All advice welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163772 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Second assessment with no explanation
Hi Phill and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The only thing I can suggest is that your first assessment was audited and failed to reach the required standard. Either that or it has been lost.

The DWP call centre staff are generally poorly trained and not conversant with how things are supposed to work. It would be worth asking for a call back from a supervisor, this person should be better placed to tell you what is going on. As you will have to wait some hours for the call back, we usually adviser making your call in the morning to give them the best chance of getting back to you the same day.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your partner's claim (you haven't said whether it is for ESA or PIP?) without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163782 by Phill
Replied by Phill on topic Second assessment with no explanation
Thanks, I'll take that on board. I did look through the first few pages for a similar topic but not through all of them, there are hundreds :)

It's for PIP, from DLA where she had a lifetime award.

Nothing has arrived from the DWP, this is all letters from Capita.

We had an assessment on the 28th June and were told a decision would be with us in 4-6 weeks. Now, less than 4 weeks later we get another letter telling us to attend an assessment, with no reference to the previous one or our attending it, as if it had never happened.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164046 by Phill
Replied by Phill on topic Second assessment with no explanation
Surprised this has been dismissed so readily, since I believe this to be a new tactic by Capita and one which is not covered by your documentation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164093 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Second assessment with no explanation

Phill wrote: Surprised this has been dismissed so readily, since I believe this to be a new tactic by Capita and one which is not covered by your documentation.

Nobody is dismissing the situation, but without additional information about what is going all we can do is provide a best guess, when you have spoken to the DWP and Capita again, let us know and we will try and advise.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.