× Members

ATOS assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #163871 by eigenmode
ATOS assessment was created by eigenmode
I have just had a call from ATOS offering me an assessmen appointment middle of next week. This is too early for me, and was offered another one a little further away, but very early in the morning. I said that neither were suitable, and was told that they would write with another appointment.

I said I wanted the interview recorded and was told that I have to supply the recording kit, not them, and to inform the centre that I would be recording the interview.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163882 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS assessment
Mike

You do not need to accept any appointment where you have not received seven days written notice, although this includes postage time.

I'm afraid both Capita and ATOS have been instructed by the DWP not to provide recording facilities for PIP assessments, you can do the recording yourself, using either cassette or CD recorders, you can either use a single device capable of producing two recordings at the same time or two devices.

You must request and receive permission to carry out the recording in writing in advance of the appointment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163908 by eigenmode
Replied by eigenmode on topic ATOS assessment
Thanks for the info Gordon.

As it appears I have some time before ATOS get back to me I have ordered two voice activated cassette recorders, which should arrive in the next few days, giving some time to get used to them

So, as I understand it, I inform ATOS (or PIP Team?) in writing that I want to record the medical, and I turn up on the day ready to roll. At the end of the medical I give one recording to the Assessor. Should I ask for a receipt? Would they even bother listening to it?

Is there anything else I need to do, or be aware of?

Thanks,

Mike

More
7 years 9 months ago #163918 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS assessment
Mike

you need written confirmation from ATOS that you can record the assessment as it requires specific permission from the assessor.

I would ask for a receipt. knock something up on your PC in advance, it doesn't have to be complicated.

As to the assessment. the process and the questions you are likely to be asked are covered at the back of the Claim guide. There is also a member created list of tricky questions asked at the interview that may also be helpful

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=110214

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: eigenmode

More
7 years 9 months ago #163937 by eigenmode
Replied by eigenmode on topic ATOS assessment
Thanks Gordon,

I will take careful note of the "standard" questions, and even more careful note of the trick ones. Thanks to your guides I have a much better understanding of the process, and am now much more aware of the built in bias.

At the assessment are there any particular questions that I should ask, and is the assessor obliged to answer? As I am recording this farce for posterity this would perhaps be useful for other members to note down.

I am open to suggestions...

Mike

More
7 years 9 months ago #163947 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ATOS assessment
You can ask the assessor their professional background if they don't offer this information (mine told me at the beginning of the assessment). I don't think there should be any problem with telling you as this will appear on the assessment report anyway.

Other than that, I don't think there is anything of relevance to ask.

The following user(s) said Thank You: eigenmode

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris