× Members

Am I now facing my next battle?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163878 by Michala
Am I now facing my next battle? was created by Michala
After successfully winning my appeal for PIP on 9th May and last week finally receiving the arrears I am now concerned that I am facing my next battle regarding ESA. I have been in receipt of ESA (support group) for the last 3 years and back in March I completed the form and since then I have not heard anything from the DWP regarding this, so I've just left it. I was expecting my next payment for ESA tomorrow but today I have had the same amount of money put in my account but is labelled as JSA on my bank statement.

Any thoughts as to whether this is just an error or a ploy for me to contact them?

Thanks in advance,

Michala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163884 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Am I now facing my next battle?
Michala

The ESA payment system is piggy backed on to the JSA one so any ad hoc or manual payment for ESA will have a JSA reference instead of the normal one. I can't explain why there was a manual payment, you will have to contact about that but I can assure you that the DWP cannot put a claimant onto JSA, only the claimant can do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163886 by Michala
Replied by Michala on topic Am I now facing my next battle?
Thank you Gordon for your help, it is very much appreciated. I'll give them a call and update later.

Thanks again.

Michala

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.