× Members

request reinstatement of esa at assessment rate

More
7 years 9 months ago #163905 by DavidF
Hi
Is it the case that you are not able to request reinstatement of esa at assessment rate following mandatory reconsideration if this is second time that you have been found fit for work.?
I thought that I had read this somewhere but am unsure where or if this is the case.
I would really appreciate it if you are able to clarify this.

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163914 by Gordon
David

If it is your second Fit for Work Decision in a row, then you are correct that you won't be paid the ESA Assessment rate.

If the Decision prior to the one you are appealing was not a Fit for Work one, then you should receive the Assessment rate even if you have had two or more FfW Decisions in total.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: DavidF

More
7 years 9 months ago #163946 by DavidF
Thank you for that.

Just another query, would this also be the case if the previous Fit for Work decision was overturned at Tribunal ?

Regards

More
7 years 9 months ago #163959 by Gordon

DavidF wrote: Thank you for that.

Just another query, would this also be the case if the previous Fit for Work decision was overturned at Tribunal ?

Regards

No, a Tribunal re-makes the Decision so the Fit for Work Decision would cease to exist.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.