× Members

PIP MANDATORY APPEAL - INACCURACY IN RESPONSE

More
7 years 9 months ago #163986 by Daz
Hi there, I scored 4 points in the Daily Living and 4 points for Mobility, so I appealed and it came back with the same result - and I am not taking this to the next stage. However, in the Decision Maker's response, they state I attended the assessment alone. This is incorrect as I had the assessment at home, and my wife was present? Surely, this is a flaw in the report?

As someone who suffers Panic Disorder, Anxiety, Depression - to the degree I can't leave home without my wife, or even answer the phone - being alone with a stranger doing an assessment would cause me so much distress. By stating I was alone, is this there was of saying I can go out and engage... surely, they can't lie...? Do I include this in the appeal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163996 by shelam
Hello Daz

I'm a bit confused - did you actually take your case to Appeal, or did you simply ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration? If you DID ask for Mandatory Reconsideration then you can appeal the Decision Makers decision and go to appeal; but if you did ask for a reconsideration perhaps you should have mentioned then the mistakes in the assessor's report , especially that you had a home assessment and that your wife was with you etc.

You only have a month from receiving your Mandatory Recon decision to make up your mind whether to go to appeal, so you'll have to decide pretty quickly what you are going to do.

If you look in the Members Only Guides and then go to PIP and PIP appeals, it will explain there what evidence you should present and how best to go about it. Take your time to read through the suggestions there, don't be tempted to accuse the assessor of lying - instead concentrate on proving that what he/she said in your assessment report was wrong. Collect as much evidence as possible from your MH support team to give yourself the best chance of success.

Good luck with your appeal. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.