× Members

dla to pip

More
7 years 9 months ago #164027 by supersarie
dla to pip was created by supersarie
Hi, I am so frustrated. I was called to transfer from DLA (whuch I had hugher rate mobility
and lower rate care indefinitely) and have been turned down for PIPI appealed for reconsideration and have just received another rejection. I will now appeal to tribunal because I cannot let it go when they have written lie after lie. e.g. They said in assessment I was observed crouching and getting up again, whereas in truth the assessor asked me to crouch, and I refused because I am unable to do so and have been for a long time.
They also said I could walk normal pace and gait. I don't know how they could judge this after seeing me walk about 4 steps!
I really need some help to prove I am not a liar, and give me strength to carry on.
Sara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164028 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla to pip
supersarie

I would start by having a look at our PIP Appeal guide, it contains link the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete in order to request an appeal and instructions on how to fill it in.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

The I would have a look at the PIP Claim guide, in order to receive an award you will need to show that you meet the criteria for one, so although it can be tempting to spend your time tackling the issues in the assessment report, this needs to be a secondary activity.

Go through the guide with your PIP2 and the assessment and make sure that you have shown that you meet the criteria for the descriptors that you expected to score points for, pay attention to the words used in the descriptors and make sure that you have shown that have shown you meet all of the elements, otherwise you will still not score the points.

Once, you have submitted your appeal the Tribunal Service will contact the DWP who will then prepare their submission for the hearing, you will receive a copy of this and you can then finish and submit your own to the TS.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: supersarie

More
7 years 9 months ago #164029 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla to pip
supersarie

I would start by having a look at our PIP Appeal guide, it contains link the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete in order to request an appeal and instructions on how to fill it in.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

The I would have a look at the PIP Claim guide, in order to receive an award you will need to show that you meet the criteria for one, so although it can be tempting to spend your time tackling the issues in the assessment report, this needs to be a secondary activity.

Go through the guide with your PIP2 and the assessment and make sure that you have shown that you meet the criteria for the descriptors that you expected to score points for, pay attention to the words used in the descriptors and make sure that you have shown that have shown you meet all of the elements, otherwise you will still not score the points.

Once, you have submitted your appeal the Tribunal Service will contact the DWP who will then prepare their submission for the hearing, you will receive a copy of this and you can then finish and submit your own to the TS.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.