× Members

Some advice please if possible re ESA

More
7 years 9 months ago #164061 by nanpur
Good morning, I apologise firstly for the rambling that I am going to do but would appreciate some advice. I was in the Work Group ESA when I was called for a medical earlier on this year. I was then informed that I was fit for work. I appealed and my paperwork went to a tribunal. Whilst this was going on I had to claim JSA. I then received a letter from DWP stating that on further consideration I had been awarded 15 points and was to be placed back in the Work Group. The Tribunal also sent me a letter stating that my claim was closed as the Appeals Officer at the DWP had informed them that the decision had been revised and was now a more favourable one. I have telephoned DWP to ask what was happening with my Notice of Award and was informed on one occasion what was I complaining about - I won my appeal, on another occasion I was informed the Decision Maker had not made the decision yet and could still say I was fit for work - at that I burst into tears and was told I could appeal. By this time my claim would not be within the one month timescale. I was told it was just a case of ringing the Tribunal and starting the claim up again. I rang the Tribunal who told me this was not the case. I have now received yesterday Form ESA50 again. Help!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164103 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Some advice please if possible re ESA
N

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The DWP cannot have it both ways, either they have made a Decision to place you in the WRAG in which case you are entitled to a Decision Letter and your appeal will have been lapsed, or they have not placed you in the WRAG and your appeal continues.

I would start by phoning the DWP again, ask to speak to a manager, it's clear that the call centre staff are unable to retrieve the information that you need, this will require a call back.

Once you have more information we can advise.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.