× Members

Esa eas50

More
7 years 10 months ago #164143 by debbie
Esa eas50 was created by debbie
Hi
Iv i have been down dwp to see about my claim as iv had no paper work through yet but he told me i have been put in a support group for a year this was without a medical where do I go from here do I apply for pip now or will it automatically be awarded as with me filling a esa50 form in when I applied for which group I would go in
Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #164145 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa eas50
Hi Debbie,

I'm glad you got your ESA, you should still get a letter confirming this!

There are no automatic awards of PIP, you will need to apply in the normal manner and, possibly, also have a face2face assessment. The criteria for the 2 benefits are different, even where they appear to match - although your ESA assessor's report might come in handy. You can request it (ESA85 if you had a face2face, ESA85a if you did not) from DWP if you haven't already done so.

Don't forget to make full use of our PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? Then you can return with further questions about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. I'm sure you remember that it helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic (I have left the title as 'ESA' for now but you can change it to PIP in the future).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164156 by debbie
Replied by debbie on topic Esa eas50
Hi thanks for that how do I go about getting a copy of my esa report do I phone dwp
Regards

More
7 years 10 months ago #164167 by slugsta

debbie wrote: Hi thanks for that how do I go about getting a copy of my esa report do I phone dwp
Regards

Yes, you should have no problem if you give them a call.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #164176 by debbie
Replied by debbie on topic Esa eas50
Hi I am getting esa at min and placed in support group do u still recieve esa if you apply for pip and are successful ? I can't get my head around it all as never claimed anything like this before
Regards

More
7 years 10 months ago #164179 by slugsta
Yes, ESA and PIP are different benefits and many people receive both at the same time.

ESA is a 'wage replacement' benefit to provide a small income for people who are unable to work due to sickness and/or disability.

PIP is mean to provide money to help with the extra expenses incurred as a result of disability.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.