× Members

Blue Bage refusal

More
7 years 9 months ago #164216 by Edwin
Blue Bage refusal was created by Edwin
Hi folks..Couldn't find the correct place to post this..The only Blue Badge post I could find has been locked..And is from 2009..I tried last year to get a Blue Badge..But they said as I did not get higher rate DLA ..I could not receive a blue badge (local council)..I think this is a disgrace...When I see people using badges all the time..Who are clearly able to walk a lot easier and further than I ever could...
I read the locked posting from 2009..Saying local councils had been warned about using this as a reason to refuse....I want to try again..And will ask my GP to assist in this application as my symptoms are getting much worse...And I now have pins in my feet owing to Arthritis...Can anyone offer any other advice or help on this issue...
Cheers, Eddy..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #164235 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Blue Bage refusal
Hi Eddy,

Local councils are supposed to carry out their own assessments of people claiming Blue Badges if they do not have high rate DLA (or a comparable PIP award). After all, there will be people out there who, for reasons of their own, have not even applied for DLA/PIP but are still entitled to a badge!

Obviously, I don't know why you were turned down. I hope your next application will be successful!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164260 by Edwin
Replied by Edwin on topic Blue Bage refusal
Hi there...It's would appear that it was based on the fact that I was not in receipt of Higher rate DLA...Just been to GP...And ran it by her..She was fuming...As she has seen me deteriorate over the past few years...She has offered to help me with my PIP application..And assures me that I should get a better outcome with the mobility side of things, as most days I can hardly walk more than a few feet without being in severe pain...And on really bad days...not at all..It's a fluctuating condition which goes from bad...to very very bad....Spinal injury and arthritis in both feet...and facet joints....Thank god I have a decent GP now..Last one was so dismissive of peoples pain..

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #164273 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Blue Bage refusal
The council are certainly not supposed to apply a blanket ban to anyone who does not receive high rate DLA. That defeats the whole object of there being a discretionary system! :angry:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta. Reason: typo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.