× Members

Supersession

More
7 years 9 months ago #164297 by jim_angela
Supersession was created by jim_angela
I have been told that to submit a PIP supersession (as compared to a change of circumstances) is when you are challenging a decision. What is the difference between a supersession and an appeal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164320 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Supersession

jim_angela wrote: I have been told that to submit a PIP supersession (as compared to a change of circumstances) is when you are challenging a decision. What is the difference between a supersession and an appeal?

A supersession is carried out when there is an existing award and either the DWP believe there has been a Change of Circumstances or the claimant reports one.

An appeal (and a Mandatory Reconsideration before it), is made when the claimant believes that the a Decision is incorrect and wishes to challenge it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164327 by jim_angela
Replied by jim_angela on topic Supersession
I need to report a change of circumstances as my condition has got worse. I requested a Change of Circumstances form but this has not arrived yet. I was advised to send in a supersession instead, which you confirm covers a change in circumstances. So are there two different ways to report a Change of Circumstances; if so, which do you think would apply to me. Many thanks

More
7 years 9 months ago #164335 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Supersession

jim_angela wrote: I need to report a change of circumstances as my condition has got worse. I requested a Change of Circumstances form but this has not arrived yet. I was advised to send in a supersession instead, which you confirm covers a change in circumstances. So are there two different ways to report a Change of Circumstances; if so, which do you think would apply to me. Many thanks

Just write a letter to the DWP office that normally deals with your claim, outlining the changes and they will decide whether they need to carry out a Supersession or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jim_angela

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris