× Members

PIP award period

More
7 years 9 months ago #164356 by PIPphobic
PIP award period was created by PIPphobic
Is there any rhyme or reason to the award period given to successful PIP awards?

I ask because my assessor actually apologised that I was made to attend a medical and that she would not be asking me to perform any physical tasks as it was quite apparent that I wouldn't be able to do any of them.

She made a decision based purely on the 15 diagnostic letters I supplied, intimate photographs that I submitted and the problems I have arranging insulin injections having had 2 strokes.

I am aware that one shouldn't compare one case with another but am astounded that an acquaintance was awarded enhanced rate for c and m for 10 years, but my award was for 6. I assume that I am expected to get better or die in that period.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164362 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP award period

PIPphobic wrote: Is there any rhyme or reason to the award period given to successful PIP awards?

I ask because my assessor actually apologised that I was made to attend a medical and that she would not be asking me to perform any physical tasks as it was quite apparent that I wouldn't be able to do any of them.

She made a decision based purely on the 15 diagnostic letters I supplied, intimate photographs that I submitted and the problems I have arranging insulin injections having had 2 strokes.

I am aware that one shouldn't compare one case with another but am astounded that an acquaintance was awarded enhanced rate for c and m for 10 years, but my award was for 6. I assume that I am expected to get better or die in that period.

Recommendations on the award length are made by the assessor and are based on the conditions and the likelihood of change, for the better of the worse.

As you say, it's impossible to compare cases.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: PIPphobic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.