× Members

DLA - PIP and loss of money.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164382 by Lou70
DLA - PIP and loss of money. was created by Lou70
Hi. I hope this reaches someone as first time on here. I have just been transferred from DLA to the dreaded PIP and the way the payments have been worked out means I'm losing 9 days money. I have rung PIP and after being on hold for 35 minutes was told this is because the new payments are going to bein arrears?? Surely this can't be right??Louisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164414 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA - PIP and loss of money.
L

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

There can be several different factors that can affect your last payment of DLA.

First of all PIP is paid 4 weekly in arrears, most DLA claims are also paid like this, but it appears a substantial minority are actually 3 weeks in arrears and one week in advance.

Although the period between your DLA ending and the PIP claim starting is supposed to be 4 weeks, many transfers have also included a change in payment date, meaning that the period may only be three weeks and a number of days.

I'm afraid there is no easy way to deal with this issue, you need to look at discreet 4 week periods; one before the Decision, one after the Decision and lastly the one that includes the Decision, you should then be able to see whether you have been paid the correct amount or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lou70

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.