× Members

carers

More
7 years 9 months ago #164390 by chris
carers was created by chris
My husband has just be awarded pip high for both on a DLA to PIP transfer.I claim carers for him ,As I have been claiming it for 26 weeks they have sent him a letter asking him to go for WFI does he have to go to as he gets enhanced pip.many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164409 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic carers
Hi Chris,

Can I clarify with you please - it is definitely your husband who has been asked to attend the WFI?

Are you claiming IS at all?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris

More
7 years 9 months ago #164442 by chris
Replied by chris on topic carers
yes definitely hubby, I was given a 3 year pass on going to see them .Yes I claim IS as well.I cant see him going to see them so will proberly have to cancel carers claim if they insist.He wont claim ESA dont blame him either

More
7 years 9 months ago #164444 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic carers

chris wrote: yes definitely hubby, I was given a 3 year pass on going to see them .Yes I claim IS as well.I cant see him going to see them so will proberly have to cancel carers claim if they insist.He wont claim ESA dont blame him either

Please think carefully about this, it will be a 10 minute interview, they'll ask can they do anything to help him into work, he'll reply no and the pair of them will stair at the ceiling for the rest of the allotted time, he'll go home and they won't trouble him for at least another three years.

You can try speaking to the JC+ advisor if you are lucky they'll understand the implications of him receiving the Enhanced rate for both components and indefinitely defer the appointment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164445 by chris
Replied by chris on topic carers
He wont go to see them .I will call them in morning and see what they say.I will explain he has MH issues .See what they say .I just wondered if there was a reg/rule thats says someone on enhanced pip doesnt have to go to see them

More
7 years 9 months ago #164447 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic carers

chris wrote: He wont go to see them .I will call them in morning and see what they say.I will explain he has MH issues .See what they say .I just wondered if there was a reg/rule thats says someone on enhanced pip doesnt have to go to see them

I'm afraid not.

Don't pre-empt the DWP, wait to see what penalty they apply, if your husband is as bad as you say, then you should be able to challenge the Decision.

Good luck

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.