× Members

Error of law PIP appeal

More
7 years 9 months ago #164399 by carmind
Error of law PIP appeal was created by carmind
A recent Tribunal PIP decision for a client, which refused benefit, has just been reviewed on appeal and ordered to be re-decided because of an error in law in relation to taking nutrition and planning and following journeys.

The decision quotes 2 Upper Tribunal decisions:
(2015) UKUT -0626
(2015) UKUT- 0643

I can't seem to access copies of these decisions.. Where can I find them?

This is the first time I've appealed a tribunal decision and feel a little out of my depth.

Help!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164426 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Error of law PIP appeal
carmind

I'm not surprised you have struggled, they didn't show up when I searched the UUT site, but I have found them by doing a search of all PIP Decisions

www.osscsc.gov.uk/Aspx/view.aspx?id=4719

www.osscsc.gov.uk/Aspx/view.aspx?id=4725

The search site is on the following, the reference numbers you had are the "Neutral Citation Number".

www.osscsc.gov.uk/Aspx/default.aspx

Just a heads up on a question from earlier in the week about a question on an ESA payment being reduced, we added some extra content after the session closed.

Gorodn

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164434 by carmind
Replied by carmind on topic Error of law PIP appeal
Many thanks Gordon; I've now printed them out. Once more, Benefits and Works rides to the rescue!!
On the earlier ESA query, I think it is the result of a partner moving in with the client which I didn't know about.
Again, thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #164436 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Error of law PIP appeal

carmind wrote: Many thanks Gordon; I've now printed them out. Once more, Benefits and Works rides to the rescue!!
On the earlier ESA query, I think it is the result of a partner moving in with the client which I didn't know about.
Again, thank you

It's good to know it is not only us expected to give advice without having the required facts to hand! :whistle:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164985 by carmind
Replied by carmind on topic Error of law PIP appeal
Just to let you know! The original decision was set aside by the tribunal judge on the grounds of an error in law and we are now waiting for a new hearing.

Many thanks for your help!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.