× Members

What does an award letterfrom an ESA50 look like?

More
7 years 8 months ago #164458 by sirjames
Sounds really daft,

But I filled in a ESA50 for continuation of benefits over 6 months ago. I got a letter saying:- " Your claim for ESA" "A change in Emp & Supp Allowance Rate Payable" - "following a recent change? - having looked at my claim again- amount payable- You meet the criteria for Support Group".,

There's no cut off date, no explanation if it's for the latest ESA50 submitted (this is my 3rd :unsure: ), What do these award letters look like? is this it? Does anyone have a copy they can cover their detail on and email me, or at least say 'what' Iv'e got.

I don't want to go to the DWP, every contact with them is upsetting. Thanks. :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #164486 by slugsta
There has been even more confusion than usual this year as the annual 'uprating' letter (which confirms your award and tells you what you will be paid for the next year) has been very late in some cases.

We have had a lot of members who don't know whether they have had an uprating letter or a decision letter, there often seems little difference between them!

Were you previously in the Support Group? If not, this is clearly a decision letter. If you were, then it is rather more difficult.

Does the letter explain what to do if you disagree with the decision? A formal decision letter must include this.

The decision letters do not tell you when you might be reassessed as this information is only a guideline and does not form part of the decision.

In the end, I'm afraid that many people have had to contact DWP to find out what is actually happening :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.