× Members

AR1 new PIP form

More
7 years 10 months ago #164473 by apples6
AR1 new PIP form was created by apples6
Greetings
Wishing i have got this right re picking up for connecting to previous entries alws find tech difficult

Re AR! the new Pip re award review

1. My GPs do not generally do any letters for any 'benefits' practice policy I believe it is practice policy I pay to go to another who does a great report and is supportive

so where it says Do u agree:
we or someone....may ask GP or other people or orgs ...or somone..
can give us information
Yes
No
What is your view if you ''vary'' it not sure to what:
It is so wide that it seems they can ask anyone under the sun
thanks for your view and advice.

2. Is the AR1 to replace all that went before for ward review or is their another method used
Have not yet been invited to PIP so do not fully know 'system'

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164503 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic AR1 new PIP form
Apple

It's not clear from your post whether you have a current claim for PIP or not, the AR1 is only issued for reassessments and it is not clear currently whether this is for all claims or not.

If you don't have a current claim, then when asked to make a claim you will be asked to complete a PIP2 form, have a look at the PIP Claim guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

GP's are paid by the DWP to produce reports for benefit claims, so providing you are happy that your GP has a reasonable understanding of your conditions and how they affect you then there is no reason why you should not provide their information on the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #164555 by apples6
Replied by apples6 on topic AR1 new PIP form
As said at 2 I have not yet been 'invited' transfer tor whatever it is called

Re GP and being happy:
I would be less than happy
would be much happier using the Dr as I mentioned I see does excellent report: which I would not get from GPs
so is it likely to hamper or similar to Pip be it lst invitation if I do not use my surgery?
or review if I then got it at a later stage
i would have quite a number of letters fromc onsultants/ the like,
FYI I stick with surgery due to 1 Dr that we have a good relationship
Left to the surgery per se I would not be happy

Thanks re if you think it would make a negative difference
for esa which I know is not PIP and for DLA used the other Dr and consultants letters and it worked Ok
Thanks so much Apples6

More
7 years 10 months ago #164558 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic AR1 new PIP form
Apple

The reality is that the GP is rarely contacted for PIP so our recommendation is to include all the evidence you can with your claim form, when you actually make a claim. If you have letters from your Consultants then this is good, you can also access your medical records to see if they have written to your GP.

You say you have a good relationship with one GP at your surgery, so use their name on the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.