× Members

No DLA Payment for 2 months?

More
7 years 9 months ago #164475 by birdgirlscanfly
No DLA Payment for 2 months? was created by birdgirlscanfly
I wonder if anyone can give me some advice?
I have been in receipt of DLA higher rate care for the last 15 years and it has enabled me to survive.
Last month my usual payment failed to arrive in my bank so as I am not able to use the telephone, my carer contacted the DLA unit at Blackpool to try and determine the problem. They promised to call back within 4 days. They have not yet called back.
Over the past 4 weeks, I have written 4 letters to the DLA unit but have not yet had a reply to any of them.
This week, I was due another payment of my DLA allowance and again this has not materialized.
I am not sure what to do now.
My mental health and financial positions are deteriorating rapidly and what with my mum being in the hospice with terminal cancer, I have just about had enough.
If any kind person can give me any guidance, I would be very grateful.
Jo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164505 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No DLA Payment for 2 months?
birdgirlscanfly

I'm sorry but all I can say is that you or someone acting on your behalf need to phone the DWP to find out what is going on. Letters can often take 10 days to reach the required department in the DWP and a reply could take even longer to be produced.

You can try contacting your MP, it should be possible for you to communicate via email.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164509 by birdgirlscanfly
Replied by birdgirlscanfly on topic No DLA Payment for 2 months?
Gordon,
thank you so much for your reply.
My carer did have another go at contacting the DLA unit by phone yesterday but after being on hold for 15 minutes, the credit on the phone ran out.
Whenever, we have tried to make contact by phone in the past, we have always been told that someone will have to ring back as they are unable to access a protected file.
Usually, nobody ever rings back.
I have tried contacting my MP before to seek help but they have never been particularly supportive.
What with my mum being in the hospice and my financial position becoming highly challenging, it is looking pretty black.
Thanks,
Jo

More
7 years 9 months ago #164516 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No DLA Payment for 2 months?
birdgirlscanfly

I would still try your MP.

Do you have any relatives or friends who could phone using their phones?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164526 by birdgirlscanfly
Replied by birdgirlscanfly on topic No DLA Payment for 2 months?

Gordon wrote: birdgirlscanfly

I would still try your MP.

Do you have any relatives or friends who could phone using their phones?

Gordon

Thank you again for your advice, Gordon.
No, sadly I don't have any friends or relatives apart from my mum.
I shall just have to be patient a little longer and see if any of my letters get answered.
I can probably last two or three more weeks before the money runs out, so I shall see if I can hang on till then.
Thanks again,
Jo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris