× Members

PIP :reasonable adjustments letter ignored by atos

More
7 years 8 months ago #165110 by Gordon
Me_too

I'm afraid the Equality Act, as important as it is, rarely offers a solution to the issues that a claimant might have in regard to benefits.

So if a complaint to ATOS and the DWP fails then you only further option is to make a formal complaint under the Act, you'll need to get face to face advice about doing this. However, the complaint is a separate issue to the benefit process and is very unlikely to result in a decision before that benefit process comes to a conclusion.

In all honesty you would be better off contacting your MP about the situation.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Me_too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165132 by duckduckdo
Hi Me-too.
Just read your post and thought it may help if I wrote back as I was in the same position earlier this year. I too suffer from severe ME and FM as well as other chronic disabilities. I was given a 9am home visit even though on my PIP2 form I advised I had major physical & mental issues until approx 1pm to 2pm daily.
The HP arrived 20 mins early so I was on my own for the 1st part. My point is the HP saw me at my worst and I did not have to tell him how ill I was as he could see for himself. He noted amongst other issues I was tearful and had to look to my carer for prompting and lacked concentration. I was awarded HR mobility which I had with DLA but was also awarded Standard Daily Living so I would try and be positive as I am sure it helped that I was assessed when I was struggling.
Wishing you the outcome you feel you are entitled to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.