× Members

Dwp say not received my esa50

More
7 years 9 months ago #164685 by wum2012
Dwp say not received my esa50 was created by wum2012
I received my Esa50 the end May 2016. I completed the form following your guidelines and returned it. Four days after posting the Esa50 I received a letter stating they've not received it. I just thought this was an oversight on their behalf and the esa50 and their reminder letter must have crossed in the post. The next thing I receive is a p45 and a letter stating they are stopping my ESA support group allowance. I have since responded and within the time scale given wrote a letter stating I have indeed returned my form and sent a copy of the whole Esa50. Has anyone else had his problem? I still have not heard anything from the Dwp, and am at my wits end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164736 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dwp say not received my esa50
wum2012

Do you have proof of delivery when you returned the ESA50 to Maximus?

Did the letter from the DWP asking why you had not returned the ESA50 include a date you had to respond by? Is this the date that you mention in your post?

When did you write back to the DWP?

When did you receive the P45?

As you have received a P45 this means that the DWP have closed your ESA claim and it is likely that you will have to request a Mandatory Reconsideration in order to overturn this Decision. See the ESA Appeal guide for how to do this and the section also contains template letters that you can use.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You have made a good start by enclosing a copy of your ESA50 with your reply to the DWP, if you have proof of delivery then you need to send them a copy of this as well.

Was this a new claim or the reassessment of a existing claim?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.