× Members

Waiting

More
7 years 8 months ago #164880 by Aggie
Waiting was created by Aggie
my daughter had her medical assessment 5 weeks ago and a call to say they had received all information, we are still awaiting the "brown envelope" the whole family dread what the outcome will be. If no then the alterations to her house will not be carried out and she will be confined forever unless someone calls and liftsout her wheel chair. The pressure at the moment is leading to a deeper depression and I do fear for her life. How long has it taken for the answer to come

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164895 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Waiting

Aggie wrote: my daughter had her medical assessment 5 weeks ago and a call to say they had received all information, we are still awaiting the "brown envelope" the whole family dread what the outcome will be. If no then the alterations to her house will not be carried out and she will be confined forever unless someone calls and liftsout her wheel chair. The pressure at the moment is leading to a deeper depression and I do fear for her life. How long has it taken for the answer to come

PIP Decision are currently taking about 8 weeks, ESA is quicker taking typically 3-5 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #164914 by discusdude
Replied by discusdude on topic Waiting
Hi Aggie,

i am in exactly the same boat - i had my assestment 5 weeks on Friday and the wait is getting worse, i wait for the post every day (which is so stuipd as i dont expect a outcome till the end of August). i got a copy of my assestment report quite quickly after the assestment and that has helped me abit as it was suprising favorable for an award. i hope you not have to wait much longer

More
7 years 8 months ago #164939 by rosiegirl
Replied by rosiegirl on topic Waiting
My husband is in the same situation ,had medical 7 weeks ago ,received copy of report 6 days later but not had the dreaded brown envelope,I have rang them twice once after 3 weeks and was told they had all information required but no deco on made yet ,
I then rang at 5 weeks and was told by them that no decision had been made and the do them in order of importance.... They do terminally ill cases as priority and then new claims as they are currently receiving no award and anyone who is currently receiving an award of dla or pip where not a priority ......I don't think they know or care how anxious /depressed we get and how it affects people's disabilities just with the worry.....

More
7 years 8 months ago #164984 by Aggie
Replied by Aggie on topic Waiting
Thank you for your answers, it seems as though this waiting game is ongoing and in the last letter it looks as though she is not needing help. This morning I had a call to say she cannot get out of bed, her back having gone into spasm. By the sound of her voice her depression is getting worse.

You talk about getting your reports back, but she has received nothing. She has Fibro,Osteoarthritis,Depression ,Bowel disorder, odeama. Is living on Morphine, and cannot bath or shower even wash. Is confined to a wheel chair and if she wants to go out has to wait for a member of the family to lift her wheel chair. The OT has had the house assessed and plans drawn up, but unless she gets PIP she is a prisoner in her own home. ATOS I thought had received the sack, but they are doing a job of causing unnessasary mental strain on patients. Thank you for listening, I too feel I am going out of my mind.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164996 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Waiting
Hi Aggie,

I just want to pick up on a couple of points from your post.

Reports are not sent out routinely but they are available if you contact DWP and ask. Or you can submit a Subject Access Request for all the information relating to specific benefits.

ATOS are no longer carrying out assessments for PIP but are one of the two organisations who are doing the PIP assessments.

Requesting a Subject Access Request (SAR) :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.