× Members

ESA review and assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #165123 by Libra-gully
ESA review and assessment was created by Libra-gully
In Jan 2016 I received an ESA50 having been put into the support group 3 years ago.
Religiously I went through the excellent guides you produce and with the help of my wife, over a two week period 'comprehensively' filled in the form adding a large number of extra pages, just to make sure they fully got the message how ill I am.
Incredibly, despite this I was sent a date for an assessment.
Bloody annoyed I wrote to my MP and also contacted the clowns at CHDA. At their request, my CBT lead and GP have submitted further extensive info concluding that I am not fit for work.
The stress of all this nonsense, led me to have two heart incidents in two days, resulting in me being admitted to A&E having four ECGs.
After all of the extra information CHDA still insist on seeing me for an assessment so that in their words "our Healthcare professional can consider how you are able to function even with these illnesses and disabilities".
Are they for real? Through this great website I'm aware of the folly of these appointments. Now everyday, as the date approaches I am getting more 'stressed' (I hate that word by the word).
Can anybody give me some general advice as to what to do next? Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #165139 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA review and assessment
Hi Dave,

I know you have posted here previously, are you aware that your real name appears to be showing in the forum? If you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am sorry you are having such a difficult time :( I'm afraid it is up to the assessment provider to decide whether you need a face to face appointment. If your GP and MP have been involved with no success, I don't think there is anything else we can suggest.

It is human nature to make more noise when we are unhappy than when we are satisfied with something. Which is why websites such as this hear a disproportionate number of horror stories. The reality is that many people are treated with compassion and respect (I have had face 2 face assessments for PIP and ESA this year and have no complaints about either).

Our ESA guide explains what to expect on the day. You should consider your assessment to start when you leave your home and end when you are out of sight range of the assessment centre. You might also be watched on CCTV when you are in and around the venue.

ESA claims and appeals

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your ESA without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libra-gully

More
7 years 9 months ago #165285 by Justmehere
Replied by Justmehere on topic ESA review and assessment
Hi

I've recently been assessed and despite my grievances I would say all the staff I met were polite, respectful and in particular my assessor did a very good job in her approach to me despite not having a mental health background.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #166226 by Libra-gully
Replied by Libra-gully on topic ESA review and assessment
I had my assessment last Thursday. I have to say how patronising the whole thing was, and extremely deliberate in it's negative nature.
To arrive at the centre to discover that a pole had been inserted in the access road to prevent drop offs outside the door sent the tone.
The nearest drop off spot was a good 20 metres away. My wife went to enquire and was told by staff there was nothing they could do. She asked for a wheelchair to assist me - none were available. She asked the security guard to assist he refused saying it wasn't his job.
All this was before I even had got out of the car.
From there the waiting room had the reception desk as far away as possible from the entrance, and chairs that were as hard as Ross Kemp !!
The whole thing was a cynical farce that took almost two hours from arrival to departure.
I'm literally just waiting for the other show to drop now. Apparently according to the 'doctor' that will take at least three weeks to arrive. In the meantime, I have just sunk further into depression.
Caring Conservatives??

More
7 years 9 months ago #166242 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review and assessment
D

You never know, they might still surprise you.

ESA Decisions are about 2-3 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #166253 by Libra-gully
Replied by Libra-gully on topic ESA review and assessment
I went fully briefed from your excellent member guides, but was still stunned at the lack of compassion.
As you say they may surprise me.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris