× Members

Can I have my assessment audio recorded (esa)

More
7 years 8 months ago #165169 by James
Hi,

The information leaflet that accompanies my esa assessment appointment letter states ‘there is no legal right to an audio recorded assessment’. Is this a change from my previous assessment (3 years ago)? That one was recorded after the appointment was rearranged.

I have the pre made letter from this (wonderful) website, to request it be recorded, but wondered if I may be told that legally, they do not have to.

Anybody had any recent experience of this? Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165173 by Gordon

James wrote: Hi,

The information leaflet that accompanies my esa assessment appointment letter states ‘there is no legal right to an audio recorded assessment’. Is this a change from my previous assessment (3 years ago)? That one was recorded after the appointment was rearranged.

I have the pre made letter from this (wonderful) website, to request it be recorded, but wondered if I may be told that legally, they do not have to.

Anybody had any recent experience of this? Thank you in advance.

Nothing has changed, claimants have never had a legal right to an audio recorded appointment, you are confusing requesting it be recorded with requiring it be recorded :)

You can request the assessment is recorded and Maximus should make reasonable efforts to ensure that it is but you need to be aware that the DWP will not accept a failure to record as Good Cause for not participating in an assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: James

More
7 years 8 months ago #165178 by James
Understood. And if they refuse, then I can do my own recording but they will require a copy? That should be interesting. I wonder if they will accept a memory card!

Hopefully it won't come to that. Appreciate your help.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165184 by Gordon

James wrote: Understood. And if they refuse, then I can do my own recording but they will require a copy? That should be interesting. I wonder if they will accept a memory card!

Hopefully it won't come to that. Appreciate your help.

You cannot make a digital recording it must be to two tapes or 2 CDs at the same time and you still need to get permission to make the recording.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165195 by ever hoping
Replied by ever hoping on topic Can I have my assessment audio recorded (esa)
Hi James
I had my ESA Medical last month, I asked Maximus for a Audio recording and there was no problem.
They even supplied a taxi to and from the appointment. I had a decision in less than a week.
EH
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, James

More
7 years 8 months ago #165204 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Can I have my assessment audio recorded (esa)
I also had my ESA face2face recorded last month with no problem. 4 years ago it was recorded on CD, this time round is was an old-fashioned cassette recorder!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.