× Members

PIP face to face assessment

More
7 years 8 months ago #165234 by BeeJay
PIP face to face assessment was created by BeeJay
Had my face to face 7 weeks ago. Was dreading and made worse when I arrived and was told the assessor had phoned in sick and they were trying to get someone else to come in to do my assessment. Also original assessor had all my medical evidence. Thankfully had taken copy of these so was able to give to stand-in assessor.
Assessment started 25 minutes late and I was worried that the assessment would be rushed through. How wrong I was. I have read so many horror stories on the forum but can't fault the assessor. Assessment lasted for one hour 45 minutes. I was given time to explain everything I wanted to. It was obvious that I was in pain sitting for such a long time and assessor asked if I needed a break.
Received a copy of the assessors report today and again was worried to read it in case it was a load of lies. However, everything in the report was as I had said, everything was correct and it was obvious that she had read through all the medical notes as she quoted from them several times in the report. I had previous DLA indefinite, low care and high mobility. PIP assessor has given me 14 points for care and 12 for mobility. Just hoping that the DM agrees with the assessor.
Just had to let members know that there are good assessors out there. Make sure you are well prepared by reading up on all the info on B&W, I found them invaluable. There are so many people terrified of their face to face but just to say they are not all bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd, GEORGE GRIFFITHS, Jul, jacky henderson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165241 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP face to face assessment
Hello BeeJay

Thank you so much for sending in this mail; it is good to know, as you say, that there are some good assessors out there. It will give other members something to think about instead of having horror stories all the time.

I hope that your assessor's scores are agreed by the Decision Maker; if not well, you know we will be here to help if you need it.

It's good to know also that the guides have been useful to you. As you say, the better prepared you are the more likely you are to have a successful outcome. Fingers crossed for your award being as the assessor suggests. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacky henderson

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165262 by jacky henderson
Replied by jacky henderson on topic PIP face to face assessment
i dont know if this is allowed..I am knew here..but i saw this today...petition.parliament.uk/petitions/125351/ ....you never know..I had my assesment a few weeks ago and it was nothing short of hell.The lady said "I will begin by telling you, I dont want to be here..its all a travesty and I want it over and done with as quickly as possible"..I was in tears..I have severe Fibro and CRPS...following a bad fracture...needless to say..after recieving PIP for 16 months, with a condition that has worsened..I was scored zero for everything..and i was in bed throughout the 20 minutes she was here.....so..its good to read there are good ones out there....
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected url

More
7 years 8 months ago #165864 by BeeJay
Replied by BeeJay on topic PIP face to face assessment
Didn't receive text but thankfully the brown envelope arrived today and DM has agreed with the assessor and awarded enhanced care and mobility for 3 years and nine months. So very very relieved to get positive outcome. The last eight weeks seemed to have dragged on for ever. Thanks to B & W for all the guidance, couldn't have got through this without all the excellent support and advice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jul

More
7 years 8 months ago #165913 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP face to face assessment

BeeJay wrote: Didn't receive text but thankfully the brown envelope arrived today and DM has agreed with the assessor and awarded enhanced care and mobility for 3 years and nine months. So very very relieved to get positive outcome. The last eight weeks seemed to have dragged on for ever. Thanks to B & W for all the guidance, couldn't have got through this without all the excellent support and advice.

Many congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeeJay

More
7 years 8 months ago #165963 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP face to face assessment
That's great news BeeJay! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeeJay

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.