× Members

Pip assessment Decision Devastated

More
7 years 8 months ago #165279 by Princess
Pip assessment Decision Devastated was created by Princess
Hi I need HELP as its taking every being in my mum (my full time carer) not to go to the assessment centre on Monday and tell off the Liar Assesser. I am very new on this platform and i thought I will come here and seek help. I am literally shaking and in so much pain after my mum read me the decision makers reasoning for awarding me 6 points for daily living and 4 points for mobility. Ok let me start from the beginning.... After suffering for 7 years with Fibromyalgia and Chronic fatigue syndrome, and Thoracic Lumbar Spinal Pain, i finally decided to apply for pip this year as my pains are getting worse to the point that my mum has to semi retire to take care of me and my two kids. I have always pushed through my pains and worked since i finished my university education in 2006 ... I am 32 years. I called on 9 June and received the pip forms on 15 June... due to pain and forgetfulness i only sent the forms first week of July... i received an appointment letter a week later for the 26th July at a centre very close to my home. On the assessment day, my mum literally had to drag me out of bed due to excruciating pain. We went there in a taxi and it took about 8 minutes. The driver was kind to stop infront of the centre abd i leaned on my mum all the time from the taxi to the reception where i had to sit down as there was someone before us. My mum helped me out to get up again and we were shown where the assessors were. I had to stop a couple of times before we saw a lady emerged from a room and asked my id and letter. My mum showed her and she told us to wait till she calls us back. About 3 minutes later she came back and called us in. My mum again helped me up and held my hand into the room. Immediately we entered the room i told the lady that i was in so much pain that i need to be comfortable. She seemed really nice and she said feel free to do whatever...

She confirmed my details and asked who my mum was. The whole assessment lasted about 25 minutes and i could only do one physical examination due to the pain... Also during the assessment i stood up twice with the help of my mum and she saw clearly that i was struggling... Now the decision arrives on 2 August.... So far the quickest PIP claim i have come accross. The decision maker is saying that i was observed arriving at the centre unaided which is 50metres..(LIES... I LEANED ON MY MUM ALL THROUGH WITH STOPS) ... Also she says i showed no signs of pain during the assessment (LIES ... I TOLD HER I WAS IN PAIN AND STOOD UP TWICE WITH MY MUM HELPING) .... She also stated that my medication isnt strong enough.... I TAKE Pregabalin 150mg 1x2 a day

NAPROXEN 1X2 a day

IBUPROFEN 400mg in the afternoons

Tramadol 50mg 2x4 a day

Codydramol 10mg/ 500mg 2x4 a day

Hydroxyzine hydrochloride 25mg 1 at night for sleeping

SERTRALINE 100MG for depression 1 night

Capsaicin cream 0.75 4x a day.... my mum spend about 20 minutes each application

I use tense machine which i took with me to the assessment and Actipatch and Medicated platers all pescribed by doctors Gp and Rheumatologists... which ialso showed to the lady. I listed all this on my form and my mum took my dossete box with us which was also shown. The assessor asked abt my meds and i told her my mum managed them and give themto me due to pain and fibro fog i forget to take them and i even have an app on my mums phone to remind her. Well she stated that i dont need any help with my meds and the were well managed and maintained so score 0. When I was completing the form, I misunderstood the use of toilet so i ticked no... i thought it was about passing stools.... so at the assessment i told the lady i misunderstood and said my mum helps me in and out same as bathing and showering. There again she stated that I dont need help and managed myself. She asked me if i work and i said Not at the moment as am currently off sick she went on and ask what i do and i said i am a HR Officer... i have been told thati have cognitive and intellect because i work as an hr officer.What has my job got to do with my disability??? And the worst is she asked if i drive and i said not at the moment due to blackouts. And she even asked if i have informed dvla and i said no it was my own decision to stop driving and besides the medications i take dont allow driving. Well the decision states that i can plan a journey because i am a hr officer and passed my driving test..whaat??? I passed my driving test 13 years ago.

Please what do i do? My mum is going crazy. She really wants to go to the assessment centre on Monday to cause trouble. I have called my grandmother to talk to her. I am in shocked how people who call themselves professionals can lie like this. Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165326 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment Decision Devastated
Princess

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry to hear that your PIP claim has been unsuccessful.

Please tell your mother not to go to the assessment centre, it really won't help your claim!

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Princess

More
7 years 8 months ago #165618 by Princess
Replied by Princess on topic Pip assessment Decision Devastated
Thank you Gordon for your response. My mum has helped call the Dwp to request for a MR and copy of the report. My mum was shocked by the level of inaccurate report. How can anyone make a judgement of someones disability in 25 minutes and disregard all medical reports? Anyways we have decided to go all the way to appeal if it needs to be. Nothing to loose here.

I have a question.... please canwe send our letter to someone on B&W to review before we send it?

More
7 years 8 months ago #165640 by Gordon

Princess wrote: I have a question.... please canwe send our letter to someone on B&W to review before we send it?

I'm afraid not, we have ono sight of your PIP2 on any of the other documentation involved in your claim so can't offer detailed personal advice.

There are template letters you can use in the PIP section and if you have had a read of the PIP Appeal guide you should have a good idea of what to write.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165706 by Princess
Replied by Princess on topic Pip assessment Decision Devastated
Please correct me if I am wrong..what benefit do iget from subscription to this site because i am finding it difficult to read anything and it seems like there is no personal help. So if i send my forms and the decision letter to someone at bw can noone help? Can I cancel my subscription if i cant really get the support I need from this site? I am a bit confused. Not that it takes a lot to confuse me...lol... i just cant follow any link and my computer or phone isnt downloing any of the guides... all i have been doing is reading the same feedbacks and a few forum posts. Please advise

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165714 by Gordon
Princess

Your subscription provides access the claim and appeal guides.

The forum is offered as an extra, we try our best to advise claimants on how the system works and how specific benefits operate.

We can't provide personal advice as to do so we would have to have a far better understanding of your limitations than is practical on an online forum, also we have no sight of any of the documents in your claim and are therefore limited to what you post on the forum.

If this is not the service you are looking for then you should contact the site owner for a refund

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gordon

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.