× Members

Missed WCA

More
7 years 8 months ago #165294 by Darren
Missed WCA was created by Darren
Hi,

Wonder if I can get some help please.

I have been in receipt of ESA for 5 years, all of this time in the support group - Mental health issues but generally diagnosed anxiety and panic disorder and eating disorder. I also receive PIP.

I had a WCA last Friday, and I didn't go. They cancelled the first one, so this was the second appointment they had sent to me. I have no reason for not going other than I just forgot all about it.

I now have no idea what I am supposed to do.

Will they just stop the ESA and send a letter to me asking why I didn't turn up?

I cannot really provide an explanation to them, other than I am pretty forgetful short term due to some medication I take, so it simply slipped my mind.

Just not sure where I go from here or what I do.

TIA

Darren.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165335 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Missed WCA
Darren

As long as it was Maximus that cancelled the first appointment then you should be OK and receive a new appointment, however, you must attend this whenever or wherever it is booked for, failing to attend a second appointment will result in your file being returned to the DWP and could result in your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren

More
7 years 8 months ago #165338 by Darren
Replied by Darren on topic Missed WCA
Great stuff, thank you Gordon, I appreciate your response.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.