× Members

Medical

More
7 years 8 months ago #165312 by Kate-Marie
Medical was created by Kate-Marie
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and would appreciate some advice.

I have a variety of medical conditions and have been on DLA/PIP since 2011. My last medical was in 2014 and I was awarded PIP until June 2017.

Around 6 weeks ago I received the new form asking about changes. I filled it in as fully as possible. There has been no real major changes. The only thing I put was that I had to be on a high dose of Vitamin D as my very low levels made me ill.

Now I have received a letter saying that they are coming to my house for a medical. Does anyone know what is going on ?? I am really worried about this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165344 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Medical
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It is currently DWP practice to reassess PIP 1 year before the end date. It is a sign of how badly the system is running that they need to allow this much time to ensure that the claimant has the reassessment finished before the end date of the award!

Now that you have reported changes in your condition, the assessor feels that you need to be seen in person. I would expect this to take the same form as any other PIP face2face appointment, which is explained in the PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

The assessor has the same 'rights' as any other visitor to your home. It is up to you to decide which room is used and who you have with you. The assessor does not have the right to inspect the rest of your home (and we have not heard of them asking to do so). Just one word of warning - they have been known to turn up on time, early, late - or not at all!

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate-Marie

More
7 years 8 months ago #165388 by Kate-Marie
Replied by Kate-Marie on topic Medical
Will they ask me about everything at the medical or just the changes indicated on the form ?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165395 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Medical
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question. These forms are new and you are the first claimant we have heard from who is having a face2face assessment as a result.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.