× Members

PIP1 - use of medical evidence from DLA

More
7 years 8 months ago #165343 by gmpatterson
PIP1 - use of medical evidence from DLA was created by gmpatterson
PIP1 form asks whether I want DWP to use medical evidence from previous DLA claim. What are the pros and cons? How difficult is it to get copies of old evidence before deciding?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165355 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP1 - use of medical evidence from DLA
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The first thing you should consider is whether any DLA records are likely to reflect accurately your current limitations. This is particularly relevant if your condition is very variable and/or has changed considerably since this was submitted.

We also have several members who have been told that their DLA file is empty. This is because DWP destroy paper records after a certain period of time (this seems to vary considerably!).

I don't know of anyone who has succeded in viewing their DLA records before the PIP2 form is due to be returned.

We certainly suggest that, whether or not you give permission for your DLA files to be used, you do not rely on DWP seeking out any evidence in your favour! You should submit any and all evidence you have that will support your claim.

Don't forget to make full use of our PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jul

More
7 years 8 months ago #165357 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP1 - use of medical evidence from DLA

Berni wrote: PIP1 form asks whether I want DWP to use medical evidence from previous DLA claim. What are the pros and cons? How difficult is it to get copies of old evidence before deciding?

It will depend on how representative the DLA evidence is of your current limitations?

If you think that it would be helpful then you should consider asking the DWP to use it, if not then say no. You can make a Subject Access Request for the information

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.