× Members

Just a few days to consultation can I do this

More
7 years 8 months ago #165189 by holdingout
Hello all my husbands consultation date as come, I almost begged he should have a paper one, but by the time they got back they said it was to late.

With regards to my husband he as problems knowing places he use to know, as forgot our childrens birthdays and as memory losses a lot now, also a host of other medical complaints one being severe deafness in both ears.

My 2 questions

He his in pain all of the time with diagnosed conditions of which all 4 have been CT Xray and MRI scanned dozens of times in last 20 years on DLA.

(1) what amount of physical movement will he have to go through, he truly is in major pain, will they insist on making him do touch toes bending and alike, because its not on.

(2) Can I speak for him some of the time, he cant hear or sign correctly so I will need to talk for him a lot, ??

Finally I am looking for a download for what happens at the consultation, I seem to only find a load of text, is there a pdf download for what happens at the consultation please.

Thank you very much for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165191 by Gordon
holdingout

He can refuse to carry out any activity which will cause pain or exacerbate the pain that he is already feeling, he needs to make it clear to the assessor that this is why he is refusing.

Certainly, if he is unable to convey what he is trying to say you should be allowed to speak on his behalf, just allow him to answer first and if his answer is insufficient or does not make sense then you can supply the additional information.

There's a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: holdingout

More
7 years 8 months ago #165369 by holdingout
Replied by holdingout on topic Just a few days to consultation can I do this
Hello last post before my husbands consultation, he cant hear well , and as memory lapses on top of his main medical problems my question ahead of meeting.

When I helped him fill in PIP2 form I made a copy

I know he will not recall a lot of it and do not wish to muck up the meeting, so am taking a long the full copy I made to follow a long with whom sees us.

I this allowed ? , and thanks for all your help so far and will of course let everyone know how it went.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165390 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Just a few days to consultation can I do this
Hi,

I have merged your query with the other topic relating to your husband's assessment. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic!

You can print out a copy of the PIP2 and take it with you if you wish. However, you will need to explain why you have done so. Just a word of warning though - the face2face assessment is unlikely to follow closely the format of the PIP2 form. The PIP guide explains what to expect.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? Then you will be able to return with further questions or comments relating to your husband's PIP claim at any stage without having to start a new topic each time :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165433 by holdingout
Replied by holdingout on topic Just a few days to consultation can I do this
Ok sorry about that, why would I have to exsplain I made a copy of the report, the advice on here is to make copies of everything, My husband as per the now combined posting cant hear correctly, loses memory, is in pain for 18 years, and I would worry that he will ruin his chances fo dla to pip.

I will now not take the prepared copy to refer to , I was going to take it so I could myself remember the vast amount of info and relies I had to make on his behalf.

I follow guidance on here, which as made me so fearful of this day, I like many on here fear this day so so much, and look to do win pip over the 18 year of dla, but feel when reading a lot of other people on here its doomed from the start, now I need to be careful it seems on helping my man to speak and hear by taking a form a long.

So scared we could lose everything, judging by a lot of past remarks on here that I have read a every one of them, its clear that this whole process is just engineered by the Government to take back what we actually clearly deserve.

I was actually told to stop whinging by some member on here a while ago disgusting.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165456 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Just a few days to consultation can I do this
Hi holdingout,

The assumption will be that your husband will know how his illness affects him without needing to be reminded. It is perfectly OK to take the copy with you but you need to explain that he suffers from a lot of problems, one of which causes lapses of memory, and is likely to be more stressed and upset on the day.

It is human nature to complain more when things go wrong than to praise when things are right. Hence we see people here who have had problems with the process and hear their horror stories and it gives us the impression that this happens to everyone. There are many people who have undergone fair and honest assessments but we don't hear from them so much. I have personally experienced face2face assessments for both PIP and ESA this year without any problems - so it does happen!

I'm sorry that someone was rude to you here. If that ever happens again, please alert one of the mods and we will look into it.

I hope that everything goes well for your husband at his assessment and that you do not have to wait long for a favourable decision.

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holdingout

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.