× Members

Just a few days to consultation can I do this

More
7 years 8 months ago #165626 by holdingout
Replied by holdingout on topic Just a few days to consultation can I do this
I had my Dla to pip consultation, wondering if this sounds right or not.

I went with my husband because of his medical problems, which are vast, truly vast.

When we were called, we were taken into a room, and the first thing that we heard from assessor, was " please don't worry anymore, I am not from Atos, I repeat I am not from Atos nor do I work for Atos, I am a nurse " " I am seeing you today because of all the things that are wrong with your husband and I will not being any medical examinations, nor will I need to look at any of the evidence because it’s clear that you have a very complexed life and many serious medical diagnosed problems.

The assessor then said I am going to make this as fast as I can so only need just a few questions to be replied to, please don't be worried I am here to get this through for you fast.

Then said because of the vast amount of evidence the assessor had already been through including GPs letter she had filled in most of what had to be done from my evidence, and that it would sure be no problem.

And with that she just typed and typed and typed hardly talking to either of us, then asked questions that before we could answer quoted what we had already had said on the form, and I guess input it, question we were asked was about toilet , hobbies, eating and a few other questions, but said I can see from my evidence from scans x-rays and everything else and my form that ours was a valid case for sure, then said that's it, and said that tall of what we had just done together had in real time been sent off, and with that the assessor said you should have no problems with this.

What do you make of this and what’s meant by I don't work for Atos at all I am here to help you with filling this today, and not to worry?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165651 by Gordon
holdingout

You'll have to forgive me but I gave up trying to figure out whether an assessment was good or bad a long time ago :)

As to the ATOS comments, I suspect they are trying to distance themselves from the very bad reputation that ATOS assessors had when then did the ESA assessments, but to be clear, despite the protestations to the contrary they are an ATOS employee.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: holdingout

More
7 years 8 months ago #165671 by holdingout
Thank you we did not say a word she spoke first and was very sincere that with out even asking her that she was not an employee of ATOS and that she was there today to help us 100% and said no medical and that everything she was typing was being sent over at that moment.

I was bearly asked more than 4 questions of which despite trying hard were mostly answered by here self in a very positive good way from our point of view, but of course don't know what she was typing, but it was nothing like we had got geared up for.

I wondered if anyone else out there had such an initial welcome and treatment with a positive outcome, to say were stressed is an understatement.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165690 by Mary
Hi holdingout i wanted to reply to your post as i was in a similar situation with my medical. I had a home assessment which surprised me as i didnt request it but i was very happy about it. The lady who did my assessment said the same thing to me about Atos she said i dont want you to worry i know you have probably heard all the horror stories about us! She was very nice and like your medical i hardly answered any questions she did all the talking and said that she had all the information about my health etc I like you was geared up for a totally different medical and was left quite surprised as i set myself up for a difficult time. I had my medical on the 11th July and i received a text on the 22nd July to say i qualified for PIP! i was awarded Enhanced on both Daily Living and Mobility to say i was stunned and so happy is an understatement! so i will keep everything crossed for you that you have the same result!

Mx
The following user(s) said Thank You: holdingout

More
7 years 8 months ago #165691 by Mary
Hi again holdingout i meant to say in my previous reply i was like you in reading all the post on the forum and getting myself in a right state! All the horror stories nearly made me change my mind about applying! but Mrs Hurtyback is right there are so many positive outcomes and also if someone is rude to you again dont accept it again as Mrs Hurtyback said report it to a moderator we are all in the same position so we should all be kind and considerate to each other :)

Mx
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, holdingout

More
7 years 8 months ago #166628 by holdingout
How long can it take for a result after pip consultation, its been 14 days so far and not a word, like I said before up to this point every stage as been 6 or 7 days from pip 1 to pip 2 to consultation, and that went very well, was told all would be fine.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.