× Members

ESA PIP and Work

More
7 years 8 months ago #165431 by SteveandSue
ESA PIP and Work was created by SteveandSue
Hi,
My wife has MS and is in the Support Group for ESA she also gets PIP for Daily Living not Mobility.
We have a holiday cottage we let out. Can we both be running it or does it all have to be in my name? I need to know if it would affect her benefits in any way if she is a sleeping partner for tax purposes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165457 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA PIP and Work

SteveandSue wrote: Hi,
My wife has MS and is in the Support Group for ESA she also gets PIP for Daily Living not Mobility.
We have a holiday cottage we let out. Can we both be running it or does it all have to be in my name? I need to know if it would affect her benefits in any way if she is a sleeping partner for tax purposes.

There is no impact n her PIP claim.

For ESA it will depend on whether she is receiving any Income Related ESA. if she is then your household income is taken into account and this would include the holiday cottage. If she is only receiving Contribution Based ESA then it is not an issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165524 by SteveandSue
Replied by SteveandSue on topic ESA PIP and Work
Thanks, she's getting ESA that's Contribution Based.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.