× Members

PIP Form Seems Different

More
7 years 8 months ago #165583 by roswell1967
PIP Form Seems Different was created by roswell1967
Hi everyone.

First i got the letter asking me to apply for pip because they were moving me from DLA.

My friend phoned them on my behalf and answered lots of questions from them.

They sent the form out which arrived very late so i had no choice to ask for an extension of time because i would have only had 4 days to fill it in and get all the supporting letters etc. After a phone call they gave me an extra 2 weeks.

Anyhow over the last few weeks i have been going over the form and questions in your members help section and although it is very detailed and helpful it seems very different to my form.

The questions on my form are in a different order if not asked in a different way altogether and don't have as many sub questions. Most on my form are for instance Question 6 - sub question a - tick yes/no - sub question b - tick yes/no.

On my form only questions 4,13 and 14 go above the other questions to a sub question c.

Is this a new type of form (which is 40 pages long including the front tear off page and the back address page) and how do i fill it in?

Thanks for reading this and i hope you can help

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165604 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Form Seems Different
Orphan

Is it possible that you are confusing the legal descriptors that appear at the start of each section of the guide with the questions on the form? They go from (a) to (e) and even (f).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: roswell1967

More
7 years 8 months ago #165746 by roswell1967
Replied by roswell1967 on topic PIP Form Seems Different
Thanks Gordon for getting back in touch. I think you are right. It makes it a tad more complicated for me to fill my form in but can't complain at all about how thorough the information is.

I think some people, including myself, are wanting a sort ofan easy cookie cutter approach which of course is impossible because of everybodies different needs.

Peace
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 8 months ago #165770 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Form Seems Different
One of the problems is that the form does not necessarily ask all the questions needed to elicit the pertinent information! Our guides aim to make members aware of the actual criteria against which you are being assessed so that you can give DWP the information they need.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.