× Members

PA6

More
7 years 8 months ago #165586 by carmind
PA6 was created by carmind
I'm representing someone at a PIP tribunal where her benefits were reduced from enhanced daily living and mobility to nothing!. This is despite medical evidence that her physical and mental health had significantly deteriorated.

The DWP issued a PA6 to Capita asking them to "have a look at the assessment report and provide some advice". Interestingly, this was issued before the client's request for a mandatory reconsideration or before a complaint about her assessment from her MP.

I've never known a PA6 being requested let alone before the appeal is made.

How common is it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165602 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PA6
This isn't something I have come across before but Gordon might have some insight.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165609 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PA6
carmind

Sounds like the DWP are unsure about the Decision although you should not expect the to admit that, I'm guessing the original DM took a particular view of the evidence when they awarded zero points, a second DM looking at it for the appeal has perhaps come to a different conclusion and has therefore asked for medial assistance from Capita, the DWP have no in-house medical support.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: carmind

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.