× Members

PIP Assessment Today!

More
7 years 8 months ago #165587 by patsy166
PIP Assessment Today! was created by patsy166
I had my PIP assessment today, the assessor wasn't in the least bit interested in my mental illness and kept saying it was all about my physical problems. I broke down twice and in the end she didn't do the physical examination because I was in too much pain and very distressed. I'd asked if I could record the assessment and was told over the phone to bring two dictaphones which I did, but when we got there we were told they had to be the ones with the tapes otherwise we couldn't do it. We weren't told over the phone that this was the case, so I just bought one with a cable that you can transcribe from. I was told that was the case on the phone. Do they have to take your mental health into account at the assessment or not? I'm very worried because it could affect the number of points I'm given otherwise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165605 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment Today!
P

Yes, all of the PIP activities with the exception of the Moving Around one take account of mental health issues, for example most activities look at whether the claimant needs prompting to complete or even start an activity and this is specifically in relation to MH issues.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: patsy166

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.