× Members

Disability Premiums

More
7 years 8 months ago #165613 by Fizz
Disability Premiums was created by Fizz
Hi all,
I have been trying really hard to make sense of whether I am entitled to Severe Disability Premium and/or Enhanced Disability Premium and am now very confused so would be grateful for any advice.
My benefits are:
• Contribution based ESA (support group) since July 2009.
My savings from work were completely used up by end 2011 but I remained on the contribution based ESA (presumably as I am in the support group and I didn’t really know the difference – fighting cancer took priority).

• DLA high rate care and mobility from May 2012 – July 2016
I had a carer for 20 months but no one for the past 2 years.

• PIP standard rate daily living and mobility (mandatory reconsideration awaited).
My only income is the £109.30 pw ESA and £76.90pw PIP. Single, no kids, no savings or assets.
Am I entitled to any of the disability premiums and if so:
1. Which and how do I get the relevant application form?

2. Can it be backdated?; and

3. Do I have to risk disturbing my ESA and facing another assessment to get onto the income based ESA which I should have been on?

I have just done a home assessment for PIP which was a joke and cant face yet another brown envelope when I am already at my end dealing with an unfair ridiculous PIP result.

I would be very grateful for any info at all as I am getting into debt since my DLA was cut transferring to PIP. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165635 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Disability Premiums
Fizz

To receive any Premiums you need to be eligible for Income Related ESA, ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

From your post you seem to meet these conditions so you need to contact the DWP for an ESA3 form which captures your financial information for the DWP to make a decision on your eligibility.

Being in receipt of ESA(IR), even in part, should allow you to claim Housing Benefit if applicable and you would be entitled to free prescriptions and dental care.

If you are eligible then the ESA(IR) will be paid as a top up to your current ESA(CB).

Being in the Support Group entitles you to the Enhanced Disability Premium (£15.75/week), this can be backdated to when you were placed in the SG.

Your PIP Daily Living Award and the DLA HRC before it, entitles you to the Severe Disability Premium (£61.85/week), you need to be living alone and no one must be receiving Carers Allowance for you, so it can be backdated to when you lost your carer (assuming that they received CA).

You will need to request an IS10 form for the SDP which allows yo to attest to your circumstances.

There is no reason why any of the actions will result in either your ESA or PIP being reassessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fizz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.