× Members

DWP 'phoned me, apparently. re. ESA Assessment

More
7 years 8 months ago #165698 by azg
I attended an ESA WCA thing a couple of weeks ago.

Today, the DWP phoned both my landline and my mobile, about twice each, but I did not answer. Much later, when I looked at my mobile phone, it showed missed calls, BUT it also showed a text message from the DWP saying that they were bout to phone me and that the phone call would show up as withheld or "starting with 0800".

But I did not see this message till evening, when I look at the mobile, so now I had better reply to them. What should I say? The thing is, I don't like phone calls but I suppose I have to allow them to phone me. Must I really? Am I allowed to say that it would be better to write? I'm quite worried about this and don't know how to reply to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165710 by Gordon
azg

I'm afraid this may be bad news, the most likely reason for a phone call at this stage of your assessment is because you have not scored sufficient points for an award but the Decision Maker may be able to award more points if they can clarify some of your problems with you, so it is to your advantage to take the call.

If you are unable to take the call or have missed it then they will write to you with the Decision.

I hope that I am wrong they do very occasionally call to tell the claimant that they have received an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: azg

More
7 years 8 months ago #165740 by azg
Ah, not going to be good news then. Thank you very much for responding, though. I think I rather hope they write instead, but I am very grateful that you answered.

i hope you have a nice weekend. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.